I am using a journaling technique from Happy Black Woman where she gives you 10 journaling questions to answer; 5 on what you want to bring into your life and 5 on what you want your life to look like in the coming year.
Check out the secret - Focusing on what you want and not on what you don't want, will allow God (and the rest of the Universe) to work for you with purpose and keep you on track by bringing only good things to your consciousness and thus your outer life.
Here are Rosetta Thurman's questions:
What I Want to Bring Into My Life in 2013
- What do you deserve more of next year? What do you deserve less of next year?
- What personal milestone(s) do you most want to reach in your relationships, health, family, finances, education and/or lifestyle?
- What professional accomplishments (at work or in your business) do you want to see for yourself next year?
- What do you want to learn in 2013?
- What do you want to cross off of your bucket list in 2013?
What I Want My Life to Look Like in 2013
- What part of your life do you want to pay more attention to in 2013?
- Who do you want to spend more time with in 2013? Who do you want to spend less time with in 2013?
- Which activities, habits or behaviors, if any, do you want to stop doing in 2013 because they no longer serve you?
- Which activities do you want to start and/or continue doing in 2013?
- What will your ideal day look like next year?
The only questions I would omit would be the "What do you deserve less of next year? Who do you want to spend less time with in 2013? And the Which activities, habits, or behaviors, if any do you want to stop doing in 2013 because they no longer serve you?" questions. I would omit them because my focus is on only what I want, not what I don't. I think that making clear my intentions and on what I do want, the things that I am not too happy about: people and habits, will be taken care of because I will be focused on the right things. Plus, I tackled most of my habits and "bad" associations this past year! ;)
I am especially feeling the last question in the what I want my life to look like category! I am going to do the work day and the off days so that I am on point!
What are you thinking about changing, doing differently this year?
In my next post, I am going to show you what I came up with on my quest for a bright new year!